10 hrs 4 mins
Our city hosts the annual Westide Nutclub Fall Festival (second largest street festival next to Mardi Gras). The festival is known for cultivating strange and unique fried foods. Over the past couple years Fried Macaroni and Cheese has rose to fame at one of the local booths. I experimented around with this concept to create a recipe that had a little more "oomph" than the Blue Box product dipped in bisquick and deep fried. Here is what I came up with.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Grease a9x13 pan.
- 2In large sacepan, bring water and 1/2 tsp salt to boil.
- 3Add pasta and cook 6-8 minutes, drain well.
- 4In a large bowl, compine hot pasta, 1.2 cup milk, cheeses, 1.2 tsp salt, and pepper.
- 5Stir until cheese is melted.
- 6Spoon into prepared baking dish.
- 7Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or until rollable.
- 8Roll macaoni and cheee into 1" balls and plaze on a baking sheet, freeze for 2 hours.
- 9In a small bowl, whisk together eggs and remining milk.
- 10In s seperate small bowl combine crushed ritz crackers and corn meal.
- 11Dip balls into egg mixture, then coer in crumb mixture.
- 12Fry macaroni and cheese balls in oil for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- 13Drain on paper towels.
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (1639 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 545.2
- Calories from Fat 231
- Total Fat 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat 14.6 g
- Cholesterol 244.0 mg
- Sodium 1689.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 28.2 g