Charlotte J's Note:
I could not find a fried recipe here at Zaar. I don't know if I made a mistake in spelling or in looking it up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scoop out 4 or 5 balls of ice cream. Return to freezer.
- 2Mix crumbs, cinnamon and sugar.
- 3Roll frozen ice cream balls in half the crumb mixture and freeze again.
- 4Beat egg and dip coated balls in egg, then roll again in remaining crumbs.
- 5Freeze until ready to use (for thicker coating repeat dipping in egg and rolling in crumbs).
- 6When ready to serve, heat oil to 350 degrees.
- 7Place a frozen ice cream ball in fryer basket or on a perforated spoon and lower into hot oil 1 minute.
- 8Immediately remove and place on dessert compote.
- 9Drizzle with honey and top with a dab of whipped cream.
- 10Continue to fry balls one at a time.
- 11Balls will be crunchy on the outside and just beginning to melt on the inside.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Mexican Ice Cream
Serving Size: 1 (80 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 184.1
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.2 g
- Cholesterol 84.3 mg
- Sodium 100.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 17.7 g
- Protein 4.3 g