Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Fried mozzarella sticks with marinara, use your imagination when choosing spices. The spices listed here are just a suggestion. Be careful when frying, as some sticks split open when they are done, leaving lots of cheese in your frying oil. You may need more egg or bread crumbs, depending on how many sticks you have and how thick you coat them.
- Cut the mozzarella into sticks a bit more than about 1/4 inch thick and about 1 1/2 inches long.
- Coat the sticks with flour, shaking off excess.
- Combine the bread crumbs and seasonings in a flat dish.
- Beat the eggs and place in a separate bowl.
- Coat the sticks by dipping them in the egg and then in the bread crumbs.
- The coating on the first stick should be fairly dry when you finish the last stick.
- Repeat with another dip in the egg and then in the bread crumbs.
- Deep-fry the coated sticks in oil for about 3 to 4 minutes until the coating is cooked.
- Fry in batches, keeping the finished ones warm in the oven.
- Serve with chilled marinara sauce or salsa.
These are absolutely fantastic! I used exactly the same ingredients that is stated in the instructions. My family went nuts over these. I'm sure I will be making these many many more times. Thanks for this wonderful recipe.
Nice recipe, thanks!
This was fabulous! I too left out the cumin, as I didn't have any on hand. I made some with cheddar and some with mozzarella and they turned out great. Lots of compliments. I found mine cooked faster than stated, but I probably had my oil hotter! Thanks for a well written and easy to follow recipe!