Fried mozzarella sticks with marinara, use your imagination when choosing spices. The spices listed here are just a suggestion. Be careful when frying, as some sticks split open when they are done, leaving lots of cheese in your frying oil. You may need more egg or bread crumbs, depending on how many sticks you have and how thick you coat them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the mozzarella into sticks a bit more than about 1/4 inch thick and about 1 1/2 inches long.
- 2Coat the sticks with flour, shaking off excess.
- 3Combine the bread crumbs and seasonings in a flat dish.
- 4Beat the eggs and place in a separate bowl.
- 5Coat the sticks by dipping them in the egg and then in the bread crumbs.
- 6The coating on the first stick should be fairly dry when you finish the last stick.
- 7Repeat with another dip in the egg and then in the bread crumbs.
- 8Deep-fry the coated sticks in oil for about 3 to 4 minutes until the coating is cooked.
- 9Fry in batches, keeping the finished ones warm in the oven.
- 10Serve with chilled marinara sauce or salsa.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Mozzarella Cheese With Marinara
Serving Size: 1 (172 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.8
- Calories from Fat 193
- Total Fat 21.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 153.6 mg
- Sodium 844.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 24.2 g