Mims & Squims's Note:
These thick mozarella wedges are a lot like what you'll get at a restaurant, and the hearty homemade marinara is the perfect complement.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese, grated
- 1Saute onions in saucepan (do not brown).
- 2Add liquid drained from diced tomatoes.
- 3Add basil, Italian seasoning, sugar & red pepper. Simmer 30 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- 4Remove from heat & set aside.
- 5Cut cheese into thick slices & cut diagonally triangles.
- 6Beat egg whites with water & set aside.
- 7Mix bread crumbs, garlic salt, & Italian seasonings; set aside.
- 8Blend flour with corn starch; set aside.
- 9Heat oil for deep frying to 360 degrees.
- 10Dip cheese in flour, then in egg, then coat with bread crumbs.
- 11Place in hot oil & fry a few seconds until golden.
- 12Remove from oil and drain.
- 13Add all tomatoes to saucepan & cook 1-2 minutes or until heated.
- 14Pour marinara into dipping bowl & top with parmesan.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Mozzarella Wedges W/ Homemade Marinara
Serving Size: 1 (320 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 711.2
- Calories from Fat 260
- Total Fat 28.9 g
- Saturated Fat 15.8 g
- Cholesterol 91.1 mg
- Sodium 2001.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 38.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: