3 hrs 1 min
My Private Note
dozen c ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat eggs and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer at medium speed until thick and lemon colored.
- 2Beat in butter, milk and vanilla until well blended.
- 3Gradually add 1 1/2 cups flour.
- 4Beat at low speed until well blended.
- 5Stir in enough remaining flour with spoon to form soft dough.
- 6Divide dough into 4 portions; cover and refrigerate until firm, at least 2 hours or overnight.
- 7With floured hands, shape 1 portion dough at a time into 1-inch-thick square.
- 8Place dough on lightly floured surface.
- 9Roll out dough to 11-inch square.
- 10Cut dough into 1 1/4-inch strips; cut strips diagonally at 2-inch intervals.
- 11Cut 1 1/4-inch slit vertically down center of each strip.
- 12Insert one end of strip through cut to form twist; repeat with each strip.
- 13Repeat with remaining dough portions.
- 14Heat oil in large saucepan to 365°F.
- 15Place 12 cookies at a time in hot oil.
- 16Fry about 1 1/2 minutes or until golden brown, turning cookies once with slotted spoon.
- 17Drain on paper towels.
- 18Dust cookies with powdered sugar.
- 19Cookies are best if served immediately, but can be stored in airtight container for up to 1 day.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Norwegian Cookies Aka Fattigmans Bakkelse
Serving Size: 1 (448 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 138.9
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 44.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 3.3 g