You can use different veggies.Cauliflower would be great! When I served this they didn't realize they were eating okra. The sauce is a must! Remoulade Sauce Remoulade Sauce
- 1 lb okra, cut into 1/4 inch slice
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, lightly mixed
- 2 cups corn oil, more if needed
- salt, for seasoning
- Combine the flour, cumin, chile powder, garlic powder, paprika, pepper and salt in a shallow bowl.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- When it is very hot, dredge the okra in the flour mixture, shake off any excess then dip into egg then flour again and fry in the oil in batches until light-brown and crispy.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Season with salt.
- Serve with Remoulade Sauce recipe#87124.