1/2 Photos of Fried Onion Rings
This was my first attempt at onions rings, and they were really good. Super quick to make too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut onion into 1/2 inch slices; separate into rings.
- 2In a bowl, combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, baking soda and cayenne.
- 3Combine the egg and buttermilk; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- 4In an electric skillet or deep-fat fryer, heat 1 inch of oil to 375°.
- 5Dip onion rings into batter.
- 6Fry a few at a time for 1 to 1 1/2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- 7Drain on paper towels (keep warm in a 300° oven).
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Onion Rings
Serving Size: 1 (143 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 170.9
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 48.9 mg
- Sodium 501.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 7.0 g