Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Elegant prelude to any meal
Make and share this Fried Oysters Wrapped in Bacon recipe from Food.com.
- In a 1-quart saucepan over medium heat, poach oysters in oyster liquor with bay leaf and Worcestershire sauce (about 2 minutes, until the edges of the oysters curl).
- Remove oysters from liquid and set aside.
- Discard liquid.
- Cut bacon strips in thirds.
- Wrap each oyster with bacon and fasten with a toothpick.
- Roll in flour, dip in eggs, and then roll in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a 9-inch skillet.
- When oil smokes, reduce heat and fry oysters for 5 minutes.
- Serve immediately.
These were great!! And took very little time to make. I will serve these again, that's for sure. Thanks for posting.