Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These fried beauties are VERY easy to make. If you like fried pies. you will love this recipe.
Make and share this Fried Pies recipe from Food.com.
- Cut butter into flour with pastry blender.
- Combine milk and egg yolk. Pour over flour mixture, stirring to mix well.
- Roll out small portions on floured surface.
- Place pie filling in center.
- Fold over and seal edges.
- Fry in deep fat until golden.
- Put sugars or coating in brown paper bag and shake (after frying) to coat.
These pies are very yummy!! The dough is easy to work with and has a very fresh taste. I made an assortment of flavors, cherry, apple, pineapple, and mince meat. Then I dusted some with powdered sugar, and dipped some in a glaze. I liked the glazed ones best. These are better than Hostess! Thanks for a teriffic recipe, Darlene.
This is the best fried pie recipe