Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
These fried beauties are VERY easy to make. If you like fried pies. you will love this recipe.
Make and share this Fried Pies recipe from Food.com.
- Cut butter into flour with pastry blender.
- Combine milk and egg yolk. Pour over flour mixture, stirring to mix well.
- Roll out small portions on floured surface.
- Place pie filling in center.
- Fold over and seal edges.
- Fry in deep fat until golden.
- Put sugars or coating in brown paper bag and shake (after frying) to coat.
These pies are very yummy!! The dough is easy to work with and has a very fresh taste. I made an assortment of flavors, cherry, apple, pineapple, and mince meat. Then I dusted some with powdered sugar, and dipped some in a glaze. I liked the glazed ones best. These are better than Hostess! Thanks for a teriffic recipe, Darlene.
This is the best fried pie recipe