These are so simple to make...and the best thing is children can actually help make them. Great finger food.
- Place the pork mince, green onions, hoisin sauce, soya sauce, water chestnuts and egg into a bowl.
- Stir until combined.
- Lay a wonton wrapper on a flat surface and brush a little water around the edge of the wrapper.
- Place 2 teaspoons of the pork mixture in the middle of the wrapper.
- Fold over to enclose the filling in a trangle shape and pinch the edges together to seal.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture and wonton wrappers.
- NOTE:Make sure you pinch the dumplings well.
- If air is in the wrapper, when they are deep fried, they will open up.
- Heat the oil in a pan, and deep fry the dumpling till golden brown (NOTE: Do not put too many in at once, the heat of the oil will drop too drastically).
- you can serve this with sweet chilli sauce.
Appreicated the easy to follow instructions and the terrific ingredients. Always wanted to know how to make these!
I had a few friends over for Happy Hour and served these wonderful little dumplings. Everyone loved them and asked for the recipe. I served them with my Sake' Martini cocktails. Perfect! These are very easy to prepare too. Thanks, KitchenManiac, for sharing this recipe. :-)
I made a batch of these little dumplings this morning for dd's class. It was a hit! They were delicious and easy to make. They didn't need any dipping sauce. The only change I made was adding some minced garlic, ginger, 1 tsp of sesame oil and a dash of white. Will definitely make again. They're a perfect party appetizer. Thanks for posting.