Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Crunchy with great texture. Never have leftovers when I make these. Serve with low fat Peppercorn Ranch Dressing as a dipping sauce. Besides using as an appetizer can use these to top burgers and steak sandwiches.
- Clean and remove stems from mushrooms. Slice into 1/2" thick strips.
- Put flour in zip loc bag. Add mushroom slices (6-8 at a time) and shake to coat. Remove from bag and shake off excess flour.
- Beat eggs and milk together in a bowl and dip each mushroom slice to coat.
- Mix Panko crumbs, pepper, salt, garlic powder, and parmasan in a zip loc bag. Add mushrooms (again 6-8 at a time) and shake to coat.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 300 degrees. Fry mushroom strips in small batches until golden and crispy (turn after a couple of minutes). Can also be pan fried.
- Drain and immediately salt to taste.
- Serve with low fat Peppercorn Ranch dressing for dipping.
I can't find where to give a fifteen star review, so I'll have to settle for five. This was one of the best recipes we've tried from Zaar so far, and it couldn't have been easier. If you love mushrooms, particularly the fried mushrooms they serve in many restaurants, give this one a go - you will not be disappointed! I personally will add a little more garlic powder to mine for all subsequent attempts, but aside from that, this is a perfect recipe as far as I'm concerned. My only disappointment is that I am absolutely certain that I will never be able to try them left over...! Thank you Mitch, we'll be in mushroom heaven from now on!
Just finished making and eating these, very easy and delicious