1/1 Photo of Fried Portabella Mushroom Strips
Mitch G.'s Note:
Crunchy with great texture. Never have leftovers when I make these. Serve with low fat Peppercorn Ranch Dressing as a dipping sauce. Besides using as an appetizer can use these to top burgers and steak sandwiches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean and remove stems from mushrooms. Slice into 1/2" thick strips.
- 2Put flour in zip loc bag. Add mushroom slices (6-8 at a time) and shake to coat. Remove from bag and shake off excess flour.
- 3Beat eggs and milk together in a bowl and dip each mushroom slice to coat.
- 4Mix Panko crumbs, pepper, salt, garlic powder, and parmasan in a zip loc bag. Add mushrooms (again 6-8 at a time) and shake to coat.
- 5Heat oil in deep fryer to 300 degrees. Fry mushroom strips in small batches until golden and crispy (turn after a couple of minutes). Can also be pan fried.
- 6Drain and immediately salt to taste.
- 7Serve with low fat Peppercorn Ranch dressing for dipping.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Portabella Mushroom Strips
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1701.9
- Calories from Fat 1522
- Total Fat 169.2 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 108.4 mg
- Sodium 957.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 12.1 g