Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A local restaurant serves these and the waitress offered the recipe! I have made these at home several times and they are DH's favorite way to eat portabellas. Amounts are not given as everything depends on your taste and how many mushrooms that you have to serve.
- Slice mushrooms into strips.
- Dip mushroom slices in buttermillk, then flour, repeat.
- Deep fry mushrooms.
- When they are nice and golden, remove from fryer and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- For sauce to dip: Mix sour cream with horseradish- to taste.
- Serve with dip or peppercorn-ranch dressing.