Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 3 mins
I was at work early one day and got bored and hungry, so I thought I would try to make up a new recipe for fried potato wedges. It turned out so good, I gave the recipe to the restaurant I currently work at.
- 2 medium potatoes (uncooked)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 4 1⁄2 cups buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons chicken base
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon sage
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 tablespoon black pepper
- Preheat oil to 350ºF.
- Mix batter mixture until smooth.
- Cut each uncooked potato into 8 wedges, and soak in batter mixture for at least 20 minutes.
- Roll potato wedges in flour mixture, put them back in batter mixture, then flour again.
- Fry wedges for 3½ minutes or until golden brown.
YUM!!!! The whole family loved them! I was a bit hesitant with the cayenne amount listed, but they turned out great!