1/1 Photo of Fried Quail With Spicy Salt
From the cookbook A little taste of China
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Salt and pepper mix
- 1To make the spicy salt and pepper, combine the ingredients and dry fry over a low heat for 2-3 minutes or until aromatic.
- 2Split each quail in half down the middle and clean well.
- 3Marinate with the teaspoon of spicy salt and pepper, sugar, soy and rice wine for 2-3 hours, turning frequently.
- 4Coat each quail piece in flour, dustin off the excess.
- 5Fill a wok to 1/4 full with oil and heat the oil to 190c.
- 6Fry the quail for 2-3 minutes each side then remove from the wok and drain on kitchen paper.
- 7Serve with the lemon wedges on the side.
Browse Our Top Quail Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Quail Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Quail With Spicy Salt
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 234.5
- Calories from Fat 118
- Total Fat 13.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 82.8 mg
- Sodium 2634.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 22.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chinese five spice powder
salt and pepper