Gloria 15x's Note:
Delicious and easy with just a few secrets about fried shrimp or any fish for that matter. Get them as fresh as possible. If you can't get them fresh get frozen. They are flash frozen on the boats now. Have your grease hot but not smoking-I use a fry daddy. Cook only a few shrimp (6 to 8) at a time so you don't drop the temperature of the grease. Don't overcook! It only takes a minute or so. When they are golden brown they are done! Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place shrimp in buttermilk and place in refrigerator 3 or 4 hours. This isn't necessary but they are better.
- 2Mix corn meal, flour, creole seasoning (I use Emeril's-the recipe is in Zaar) and salt in a gallon zip lock bag. Shake to mix well.
- 3Coat shrimp, 6 to 8 at a time in mixture and shake off the excess.
- 4Fry in hot oil, canola or peanut oil (my favorite) until golden brown. This should only take one to two minutes.
- 5Drain on paper towels and serve hot.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fried Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (290 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 497.2
- Calories from Fat 39
- Total Fat 4.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 285.7 mg
- Sodium 2463.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 39.4 g