Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a bit different,but sounds very good! I am sure they would be nice party appetizers. 8)
Make and share this Fried Tuna Fish Balls recipe from Food.com.
- Drain tuna; SAVE the oil!
- Heat 1 TB of tuna oil in saucepan, mix in the flour, blend until smooth.
- Remove from burner and add milk.
- Continue stirring.
- Add in onion, salt, pepper, and cayenne.
- Place back on burner.
- Stir constantly.
- Cook mixture until smooth but thick.
- Remove from heat add in egg and tuna fish.
- Refrigerate until firm,then roll into 3/4 inch balls.
- Roll tuna balls in flour.
- Fry in deep fat (375°F),until nice and golden.
- Drain on paper towels, insert toothpicks and serve!
I'm sorry, but this recipe just didnt work for me in any way, shape or form. I made the mixture exactly as stated, refrigerated, and left it in there for the longest, and it never really firmed up enough to form into balls...just mush. I added some breadcrumbs to the mixture just so i could actually roll them and fried. Unfortunately, neither my husband or I enjoyed these very much. With the rest of the mixture I through in a lot more cayenne, some chopped parsley and some minced garlic, and we made the rest of them. We just didnt enjoy these at all; I really wish we had. The idea was very nice (we love tuna patties so much) but it was just seriously lacking in flavor. I will try these again using more ingredients that will add flavor and enhance the flavor, and will try to find other ways to make the mixture more firm, so they will fry into nice round balls. Im really sorry these didnt work for us.