Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is a little different than other Danish Meatball recipes posted here. Maybe this is the way YOU remember them.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 lb ground veal
- 3 medium potatoes, cooked and mashed
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- additional flour
- 1 egg
- 2 -4 tablespoons milk
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- peanut oil (for deep frying)
- In a medium bowl, combine beef, veal, potatoes, and onions. Add 1 1/2 cup flour; mix well. Add egg, milk, salt and pepper and stir until well blended.
- Shape into about 32 meatballs, each one about 2 tablespoons Roll in additional flour.
- Deep fry in hot oil, about 350 degrees F until browned. Drain well on paper towels.
Sounds very good with the mashed potato. Reminds me of fish patties from my home country. Add some chopped chillies or cayenne pepper for some spiciness if you wish. Chopped herbs and pulverised fennel, cumin or coriander too. :)