Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a really great recipe for frying batter. It is better than restaurant style.
Make and share this G I Batter-Fried Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- Peel, devein, and wash all the shrimp.
- Combine the 1/2 cup of oil and eggs in a small bowl. Beat well for 1 minute.
- Next add the remaining ingredients (except for the oil for frying & cocktail sauce). Mix thoroughly and make sure that it is a thick consistency.
- Heat the 2 cups of oil for frying in a non-stick skillet up to medium-high.
- Coat each shrimp with the batter and drop them into the skillet. Fry about 5 or 6 in each batch. It will take about 5 batches for all the shrimp to be fried completely. Fry them for about 1 minute or until crispy golden brown.
- On a platter lined with paper towels, drain off each fried shrimp using a spatula or slotted spoon.
- Repeat these steps with remaining batches of shrimp. Overcooking them will make them tough!
- Serve them hot with cocktail sauce.
- Once you have finished frying the shrimp, disinfect the stove top and counter areas, as well as the sink.
- Keep the peelings and shrimp refuse in a sealed ziplock bag and dispose of them immediately, or place them in the freezer until trash day. Following these steps will prevent food poisoning and fish odor in the house.