1 hr 30 mins
This is a really great recipe for frying batter. It is better than restaurant style.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel, devein, and wash all the shrimp.
- 2Combine the 1/2 cup of oil and eggs in a small bowl. Beat well for 1 minute.
- 3Next add the remaining ingredients (except for the oil for frying & cocktail sauce). Mix thoroughly and make sure that it is a thick consistency.
- 4Heat the 2 cups of oil for frying in a non-stick skillet up to medium-high.
- 5Coat each shrimp with the batter and drop them into the skillet. Fry about 5 or 6 in each batch. It will take about 5 batches for all the shrimp to be fried completely. Fry them for about 1 minute or until crispy golden brown.
- 6On a platter lined with paper towels, drain off each fried shrimp using a spatula or slotted spoon.
- 7Repeat these steps with remaining batches of shrimp. Overcooking them will make them tough!
- 8Serve them hot with cocktail sauce.
- 9Once you have finished frying the shrimp, disinfect the stove top and counter areas, as well as the sink.
- 10Keep the peelings and shrimp refuse in a sealed ziplock bag and dispose of them immediately, or place them in the freezer until trash day. Following these steps will prevent food poisoning and fish odor in the house.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for G I Batter-Fried Shrimp
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 816.5
- Calories from Fat 651
- Total Fat 72.3 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 286.4 mg
- Sodium 1017.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 27.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
zatarains bake and crisp mix
seafood cocktail sauce