Prep 10 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a favorite "party" pupu (appetizer) dish - easy to make and very ono (good) :) Must try at your next get together.......
- 4 lbs chicken wings, and drummettes
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 4 tablespoons garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups cooking oil (for frying)
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger, grated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 3 stalks green onions, mined
- Before breading, pat chicken with paper towel to remove excess liquids. In a large zip lock bag, combine clour, panko, garlic salt and pepper, shake well.
- Crust each chicken evenly with panko mixture. Deep fry in oil on medium to high heat until chicken is golden on each side.
- Dipping Sauce: In medium bowl whisk soy sauce, sugar and water until sugar is dissolved. Stir in ginger, garlic and onions. Set aside to rest at room temperature. Serve as a dipping sauce for chicken.
- compliments from: Maika'i Favorites Book.
Oh Yum! I've been searching for a crunchy garlic wing recipe for 15 years and this is it!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you! I added a heaping tsp of Old Bay, but otherwise followed the recipe. Wonderful!
I made this for my DS, he is a garlic lover, both his GF and himself absolutely loved it! I use garlic powder and also used seasoned salt, thanks for sharing! the sauce is also wonderful...Kitten:)