Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is delicious, if you love garlic you will love this! The complete recipe may be doubled although if you are doubling recipe I would suggest to use no more than 2 teaspoons garlic powder. If desired serve breasts topped with Creamy Mushroom Sauce/Gravy or Kittencal's Easy No-Fail Make Anytime Turkey Gravy
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (or to taste, can use up to 1 tablespoon)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (can use more)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or use 1 teaspoon white salt)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded thin)
- 1 cup oil (or as needed)
- In a shallow dish mix together garlic powder, black pepper, seasoned salt (or 1 teaspoon white salt) paprika, cayenne (optional) seasoned bread crumbs and flour.
- In another shallow bowl whisk the egg with milk until combined.
- Heat 1 cup oil in a skillet to 350 degrees.
- Dip the chicken in egg/milk mixture (shaking off any excess) then coat into the bread crumb mixture.
- Fry the chicken in oil for about 5 minutes per side or until the chicken is cook through.
My family really love the garlic fried chicken YUM YUM!!!!!!
This chicken was excellent! I used a tablespoon of so of garlic powder and it turned out delicious. As another comment suggested, I pounded out my chicken breasts beforehand as well.