Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is delicious, if you love garlic you will love this! The complete recipe may be doubled although if you are doubling recipe I would suggest to use no more than 2 teaspoons garlic powder. If desired serve breasts topped with Creamy Mushroom Sauce/Gravy or Kittencal's Easy No-Fail Make Anytime Turkey Gravy
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder (or to taste, can use up to 1 tablespoon)
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (can use more)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons seasoning salt (or use 1 teaspoon white salt)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned dry bread crumb
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 large egg
- 3 -4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (pounded thin)
- 1 cup oil (or as needed)
- In a shallow dish mix together garlic powder, black pepper, seasoned salt (or 1 teaspoon white salt) paprika, cayenne (optional) seasoned bread crumbs and flour.
- In another shallow bowl whisk the egg with milk until combined.
- Heat 1 cup oil in a skillet to 350 degrees.
- Dip the chicken in egg/milk mixture (shaking off any excess) then coat into the bread crumb mixture.
- Fry the chicken in oil for about 5 minutes per side or until the chicken is cook through.
My family really love the garlic fried chicken YUM YUM!!!!!!
This chicken was excellent! I used a tablespoon of so of garlic powder and it turned out delicious. As another comment suggested, I pounded out my chicken breasts beforehand as well.