Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is time consuming and messy but very good. I have coated with egg before and after the flour and had good results as well.
- Slice cheese into 30 slices about 1/4 in thick.
- Peel garlic and slice each clove lengthwise into about 5 or 6 ovals.
- Heat oil in deep heavy saucepan over med-low heat.
- Add garlic ovals and simmer 5 to 7 minutes being careful not to burn or over brown.
- Remove slices as they float to the surface and are light brown in color.
- Drain on paper towel.
- Reserve oil for cheese.
- Mince garlic and mix with Italian seasonings.
- Spead half the cheese slices evenly with garlic mixture.
- Press remaining cheese slices on each to make 15 bars.
- Dip in flour.
- Dip flour coated pieces into egg then into bread crumbs mixed with parsley.
- Be sure to cover side.
- Reheat oil to med-high and fry cheese a few pieces at a time until lightly brown (about 2 minutes) Skim particles from oil as the accumulate.
- Drain cheese on paper towels and keep warm till all are fried.
- Serve with toothpciks and marinara sauce.