This is time consuming and messy but very good. I have coated with egg before and after the flour and had good results as well.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice cheese into 30 slices about 1/4 in thick.
- 2Peel garlic and slice each clove lengthwise into about 5 or 6 ovals.
- 3Heat oil in deep heavy saucepan over med-low heat.
- 4Add garlic ovals and simmer 5 to 7 minutes being careful not to burn or over brown.
- 5Remove slices as they float to the surface and are light brown in color.
- 6Drain on paper towel.
- 7Reserve oil for cheese.
- 8Mince garlic and mix with Italian seasonings.
- 9Spead half the cheese slices evenly with garlic mixture.
- 10Press remaining cheese slices on each to make 15 bars.
- 11Dip in flour.
- 12Dip flour coated pieces into egg then into bread crumbs mixed with parsley.
- 13Be sure to cover side.
- 14Reheat oil to med-high and fry cheese a few pieces at a time until lightly brown (about 2 minutes) Skim particles from oil as the accumulate.
- 15Drain cheese on paper towels and keep warm till all are fried.
- 16Serve with toothpciks and marinara sauce.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Jack
Serving Size: 1 (2653 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 791.6
- Calories from Fat 622
- Total Fat 69.1 g
- Saturated Fat 16.1 g
- Cholesterol 69.3 mg
- Sodium 336.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 13.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: