Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1⁄2 cup cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 5 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 5 1⁄2 teaspoons ginger, minced
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 5 1⁄2 cups hot chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon msg (optional)
- 3 lbs dark chicken meat, deboned, cut into large chunks
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 1 cup salad oil
- 2 cups scallions, diced
- 16 small dried hot chili peppers
- To make pepper sauce, mix cornstarch and water together. Add garlic, ginger, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, and wine. Then add chicken broth and MSG and stir until sugar dissolves. Refrigerate until needed.
- In separate bowl, mix chicken, soy sauce, and pepper.
- Stir in egg. Add cornstarch until chicken is coated evenly.
- Add oil to separate chicken pieces.
- Divide chicken into small quantities and deep fry at 350F until crispy. Drain on a paper towel.
- Place a small amount of oil in wok and heat until wok is hot. Add scallions and peppers and stir fry briefly.
- Stir sauce; add to wok.
- Place chicken in sauce and cook until sauce thickens. Add either cornstarch or water as needed.
- Serve with rice.