Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Wonderful for apple lovers. Adapted from the internet.
Make and share this Glazed Apple Cider Doughnuts recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and cider. Stir in the melted butter.
- Make a well in the flour mixture and stir in the wet ingredients.
- Turn the soft dough onto a lightly floured surface and pat it into a 1/2-inch-high-round.
- Heat 3 inches of vegetable oil in a deep pot over medium heat.
- Use a doughnut cutter to make the donoughts.
- Use a spatula to carefully lower a doughnut into the hot oil. You can cook several at once, just don't crowd them.
- Once the doughnuts rise to the surface and begin to brown, flip them with the spatula.
- Remove after 2 to 3 minutes, or when the doughnuts are golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- To make the glaze, stir together the confectioners' sugar and the cider (or milk) and spoon the mixture over the doughnuts.