Wonderful for apple lovers. Adapted from the internet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup apple cider
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1In a large bowl, sift together the dry ingredients. In a separate bowl, whisk together the eggs and cider. Stir in the melted butter.
- 2Make a well in the flour mixture and stir in the wet ingredients.
- 3Turn the soft dough onto a lightly floured surface and pat it into a 1/2-inch-high-round.
- 4Heat 3 inches of vegetable oil in a deep pot over medium heat.
- 5Use a doughnut cutter to make the donoughts.
- 6Use a spatula to carefully lower a doughnut into the hot oil. You can cook several at once, just don't crowd them.
- 7Once the doughnuts rise to the surface and begin to brown, flip them with the spatula.
- 8Remove after 2 to 3 minutes, or when the doughnuts are golden brown.
- 9Drain on paper towels.
- 10To make the glaze, stir together the confectioners' sugar and the cider (or milk) and spoon the mixture over the doughnuts.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Apple Cider Doughnuts
Serving Size: 1 (925 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.3
- Calories from Fat 45
- Total Fat 5.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 45.4 mg
- Sodium 163.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 25.9 g
- Protein 3.8 g