1/3 Photos of Gluten-Free Doughnut Holes ( Gluten-Free Doughnuts)
A Bette Hagman Recipe- a delicious treat. I had thought that doughnuts were on the forever-gone list until I tried these little morsels :) Best served hot, but still OK cold. They can be frozen, defrosted and reheated in the oven
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat oil in a deep fryer (375°F ). You will need at least one -two inches deep of oil. Whilst the oil is heating, prepare the doughnut recipe. Do not leave the heating oil unattended.
- 2Using a saucepan, heat the water and butter until boiling point is reached. Remove the saucepan from the heat.
- 3Dump in the potato starch, sugar and salt. Stir until the mixture forms a ball and has pulled away from the sides of the saucepan. (Much like making a choux pastry).
- 4With an electric mixer, add in the eggs -one at a time. Beat well between adding each egg.
- 5Drop the batter into the heated oil by small rounded teaspoonfuls, a few at a time. The doughnut holes will puff up as they are cooking to about 1 1/2 inches. Turn them throughout cooking to brown evenly. They'll take approx 5 minutes to cook. Remove from the heat and drain on paper towels.
- 6While still warm shake them in a plastic bag with cinnamon sugar (2 tablespoons of sugar to 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon).
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten-Free Doughnut Holes ( Gluten-Free Doughnuts)
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 287.9
- Calories from Fat 168
- Total Fat 18.7 g
- Saturated Fat 10.7 g
- Cholesterol 181.6 mg
- Sodium 267.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 6.1 g