1/1 Photo of Gluten Free Funnel Cake
If you are like most of us Celiac's you drool in envy every time you go to a fair or Fun Park at the smell of fresh cooked Funnel Cakes. This recipe is a variation of several Fair Funnel Cake recipes and everyone who has tried it can't believe that it is gluten free. It is a must for every family and it is very easy to make.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 cups gluten-free flour (Bob's Red Mills All Purpose Gluten Free Flour, Avail at Kroger & online)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon gluten free baking powder
- 1 teaspoon gluten-free xanthan gum (Bob's Red Mills)
What you will need for cooking
- oil (for frying, canola or vegetable preferred)
One of the below toppings
- 1On the stove start heating approx 2 inches of oil in a fry pan over medium heat.
- 2In a small mixing bowl, combine all of the dry ingredients and set aside in a sifter if you have one.
- 3In a large mixing bowl, beat the wet ingredients together until top is slightly frothy.
- 4Now sift or slowly add the dry ingredients you have set aside into the large mixing bowl with the wet ingredients, whisking continuously to avoid lumps.
- 5When all ingredients are combined into a smooth creamy mixture it is time to cook.
- 6Check your oil temperature, take a small drop of batter and drop it into the pan -- It should take just about 45-60 seconds to start browning on one side. Adjust the heat accordingly.
- 7Use a wide tipped funnel or ziplock bag with a corner snipped off to drop strings of batter into the pan of hot oil to make whatever designs you wish. Cook until golden brown on both sides, remove from heat with metal spatula and place on a plate with wire strainer. Repeat until all the batter is gone.
- 8Let each cake sit for a moment on the wire rack, then move to a plate and finish with your favorite toppings.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Gluten Free Funnel Cake
Serving Size: 1 (75 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 106.3
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 82.9 mg
- Sodium 174.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 12.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 10.0 g
- Protein 4.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
gluten free baking powder
gluten-free vanilla extract