1/3 Photos of Golden Fried Salmon Spring Rolls With Lime Chili Mayo Sauce
I received this recipe from my mother-in-law and they quickly became a guilty weekend pleasure. The sauce listed with it is incredible and compliments the spring rolls wonderfully. If you do like less heat, cut down the chili paste to 1 tablespoon or less. It says to cook them in a deep-fryer but we have cooked them very successfully in a pan with about 1-1 1/2 inches of vegetable oil. I hope you enjoy these as much as we do! UPDATE: The pictures accompanying this recipe are when we baked them and didn't fry them. For this healthier option just bake them at 350 degrees for about 10-15 minutes, flipping once.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs salmon fillets, boneless
- 8 -12 spring roll wrappers (or egg roll wrappers)
- 1/4 cup garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh gingerroot, minced
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons flour
FOR THE LIME CHILI MAYO
- 1Whisk together the mayonnaise, chili paste and the lime juice. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set the sauce aside.
- 2Divide the salmon evenly into 8-12 portions. Try and slice them in 1 x 1 x 4 pieces (about the size and shape of a candy bar). If you can't make them all the same size you can mix and match smaller pieces to make a portion.
- 3Heat a deep-fryer filled with canola oil to approximately 350°F.
- 4Make a paste with the flour and water.
- 5Place your spring roll wrapper on an angle so that it is a diamond. Close to the bottom corner, place a portion of salmon, 1/2 tablespoon of garlic and ginger each and some cilantro.
- 6Carefully start to roll from the bottom corner wrapping around the salmon. When you are about halfway up the wrapper, fold in the side corners tightly and finish the roll.
- 7Smear a small amount of the flour paste at the top right corner and seal the roll shut.
- 8When you are close to serving the spring rolls, submerge them in hot oil about 4 at a time and cook until golden brown, or about 3-4 minutes.
- 9Serve with the mayo in dipping cups.
Browse Our Top Saltwater Fish Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Saltwater Fish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Golden Fried Salmon Spring Rolls With Lime Chili Mayo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (176 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 507.2
- Calories from Fat 233
- Total Fat 25.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.9 g
- Cholesterol 105.3 mg
- Sodium 627.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 37.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: