My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut cheese into slices 1/2" thick and the length of the chili.
- 2Make a small slit in chili just big enough to insert cheese(you can also poke in some slivers of onion at this point).
- 3Dip in batter and fry in hot oil or lard until golder brown.
- 4Drain and serve.
- 5May be garnished with green chili sauce if desired.
- 6To make batter, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cornmeal.
- 7Blend milk with egg;then combine milk and egg mixture with dry ingredients.
- 8Add more milk if necessary for smooth batter.
- 9Using a spoon, dip stuffed chilies in batter.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Green Chiles Rellenos (Stuffed Green Chiles)
Serving Size: 1 (298 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 635.4
- Calories from Fat 325
- Total Fat 36.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 190.7 mg
- Sodium 957.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 33.5 g