Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- Cut cheese into slices 1/2" thick and the length of the chili.
- Make a small slit in chili just big enough to insert cheese(you can also poke in some slivers of onion at this point).
- Dip in batter and fry in hot oil or lard until golder brown.
- Drain and serve.
- May be garnished with green chili sauce if desired.
- To make batter, combine flour, baking powder, salt and cornmeal.
- Blend milk with egg;then combine milk and egg mixture with dry ingredients.
- Add more milk if necessary for smooth batter.
- Using a spoon, dip stuffed chilies in batter.