A great appetizer that is sure to please and simple to make...serve with dipping sauces to suit.
Make and share this Ham and Chicken Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- Place one chicken breast between plastic wrap or freezer bags and bash it until it is nice and thin -- repeat with the other breast.
- Mix the pepper, five spice and crushed garlic.
- Sprinkle the mixture over both breasts.
- Roll up one slice of ham and place it on the chicken breast.
- Roll the chicken up firmly and fold the ends under.
- Whisk the egg and milk together.
- Coat the chicken with flour (easiest in a freezer bag) shake off the excess.
- Dip in the egg mixture -- shake of the excess.This step will stop the chicken from separating from the spring roll wrapper.
- Place the chicken "roll" diagonally across the spring roll wrapper. Brush some of the egg mixture on the ends of the wrapper.
- Roll the chicken, tucking the ends in as you roll.
- Deep fry in oil until golden brown and cooked through. Don't have the oil too hot -- otherwise the spring roll wrappers will brown before the chicken is cooked.
- Drain on paper towels and then cut on the diagonal.
- Serve on a bed of lettuce with dipping sauces.
- Serve with your favourite sauce.