1/2 Photos of Ham and Chicken Rolls
Fairy Nuff's Note:
A great appetizer that is sure to please and simple to make...serve with dipping sauces to suit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place one chicken breast between plastic wrap or freezer bags and bash it until it is nice and thin -- repeat with the other breast.
- 2Mix the pepper, five spice and crushed garlic.
- 3Sprinkle the mixture over both breasts.
- 4Roll up one slice of ham and place it on the chicken breast.
- 5Roll the chicken up firmly and fold the ends under.
- 6Whisk the egg and milk together.
- 7Coat the chicken with flour (easiest in a freezer bag) shake off the excess.
- 8Dip in the egg mixture -- shake of the excess.This step will stop the chicken from separating from the spring roll wrapper.
- 9Place the chicken "roll" diagonally across the spring roll wrapper. Brush some of the egg mixture on the ends of the wrapper.
- 10Roll the chicken, tucking the ends in as you roll.
- 11Deep fry in oil until golden brown and cooked through. Don't have the oil too hot -- otherwise the spring roll wrappers will brown before the chicken is cooked.
- 12Drain on paper towels and then cut on the diagonal.
- 13Serve on a bed of lettuce with dipping sauces.
- 14Serve with your favourite sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ham and Chicken Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 160.5
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 94.3 mg
- Sodium 90.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 17.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: