1/1 Photo of Happenin' Hot Wings
1 hr 5 mins
I love hot wings, and I have been experimenting with recipes for ages. I finally perfected the ingredients and I have been getting rave reviews ever since. Using apple cider vinegar instead of white vinegar makes an incredible difference.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 lbs chicken wings
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- oil, I prefer canola (for deep frying)
- 1/2 cup butter, no substitutes
- 1/2 cup cayenne pepper hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- blue cheese (optional) or ranch dressing, for dipping (optional)
- celery rib (optional)
- 1Separate chicken wings into three sections; discard wing tips or save for making chicken stock. Rinse wing sections under running water; pat dry.
- 2Combine flour, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt, and black pepper in a shallow bowl. Dredge chicken wing sections in seasoned flour and shake off excess. Place on separate plate.
- 3Preheat deep fryer to 340 degrees Fahrenheit. Fry chicken wing sections, about 10-12 pieces at a time, until crispy and golden brown, about 10-15 minutes. Drain on paper toweling.
- 4While chicken wings are frying, melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add hot sauce and cider vinegar. Cook sauce mixture until slightly thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat; pour into large bowl.
- 5Toss cooked chicken wing sections with sauce. Serve with ranch or blue cheese dressing for dipping and celery sticks, if desired. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Happenin' Hot Wings
Serving Size: 1 (468 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1641.1
- Calories from Fat 1028
- Total Fat 114.2 g
- Saturated Fat 40.0 g
- Cholesterol 497.9 mg
- Sodium 1905.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 0.7 g
- Protein 109.4 g