1/2 Photos of Happy's Homemade Taco Salad
FAT FAT AND MORE...this is pretty easy to make after you've gotten the hang of making the shells, you'll get faster, I promise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 lbs extra lean ground beef (or any meat, really)
- 4 large soft taco-size flour tortillas
- 1 (6 ounce) can of large black olives
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 1/2 cups of grated cheese (any)
- 1/2 small cucumber, quartered
- 2 cups of torn up lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) package taco seasoning
- sour cream, mixed with
- onion soup mix
- 1prepare meat with taco seasoning as directed.
- 2while meat is simmering,heat the deep fryer.
- 3You'll need 3 large wooden spoons if doing alone, put tortilla in the hot oil, with both hands holding the spoons (tricky huh!) form a bowl in the oil, then once it stays that way, you can let go once it takes form.
- 4Let it turn a golden brown then flip it over to harden the outer edges.
- 5Once you're done you can dry on paper towels or on a brown paper bag.
- 6Pour in the meat cheese, onions, lettuce, tomato, oli dip, and your kitchen sink, if there's room.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Happy's Homemade Taco Salad
Serving Size: 1 (518 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 742.1
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.5 g
- Cholesterol 167.7 mg
- Sodium 1383.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 4.0 g
- Protein 64.1 g