1/3 Photos of Honey Glazed Fried Manchego Cheese
Oh boy! Guess what what I just found on my grocer's shelf? Manchego. Recipe courtesy Chuck Hughes of the Cooking Channel.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place the flour, egg, and panko bread crumbs in 3 separate dishes.
- 2Dip the cheese cubes into each ingredient to coat, starting with the flour and ending with the panko.
- 3Preheat the canola oil in a deep fryer to 375 degrees F, (or in a large heavy-bottomed saucepan, pour enough oil to fill the pan about a third of the way. Heat over medium heat until a deep-frying thermometer inserted in the oil reaches 375 degrees F.) If you don't have a thermometer, a cube of bread will brown in about 3 minutes.
- 4Add the breaded cheese to the hot oil, in batches, and deep fry until the cubes are crisp and golden.
- 5Remove the cheese from the oil and place on a paper towel-lined baking sheet to absorb the excess oil. Transfer the cheese to a serving platter, drizzle with the honey, and dust with the paprika.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Glazed Fried Manchego Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 238.2
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 46.5 mg
- Sodium 216.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 8.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: