Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
A tangy, sweet but tart honey lime coating gives these wings a refreshingly zingy way to fly - right into your mouth! These fried wings are straight forward, sweet-and-sour.
- 18 whole chicken wings, split
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon grated lime zest
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup four bean flour
- 2 quarts vegetable oil (for frying)
- In a large bowl, mix together the honey, lime juice, lime peel, garlic, salt and ground black pepper.
- Place the flour in a plastic bag and shake the chicken wings in the flour to coat.
- In a large skillet, fry the chicken wings in hot, 1 inch deep oil until cooked through. Place the cooked wings in the honey/lime mixture and toss to coat well. Serve immediately.