1/1 Photo of Honey & Rosemary Fried Chicken
I loved the light, crispy batter and the combination of flavors--there is something very appealing about the combination of garlic and honey! There wasn't enough flour or buttermilk to coat 3-4 pounds of chicken. From article about fried chicken in Taste of the South magazine--featured restaurant, Julep, Jackson, Mississippi (http://juleprestaurant.com/menu_latenite.htm)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 -4 lb) chicken, cut into 8 to 10 pieces or 3 lbs chicken pieces
- 1 -1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon salt (or less!)
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 cup buttermilk
- peanut oil (for frying)
- 1Wash chicken and pat dry.
- 2Mix flour with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- 3Dip chicken in seasoned flour, then buttermilk, then seasoned flour again. Set aside.
- 4In a large skillet, heat oil to 325°F over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, beginning with the dark meat. Keeping oil at 325°F, cook each side for 5 to 6 minutes covered and then 5 to 6 minutes uncovered, for a total cooking time of 20 to 24 minutes. Drain chicken on a wire rack.
- 5To serve, drizzle Honey Rosemary Glaze over chicken, if desired.
- 6For Honey Rosemary Glaze: In a small saucepan, combine honey, butter, and rosemary. Cook over low heat on stovetop until butter has melted. Stir to combine.
- 7Chef's note: Use more flour to offset salt. Also, be sure you only "warm" honey--don't let it get hot enough to boil! I used chicken tenders (see photo).
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey & Rosemary Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (254 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.8
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 110.2 mg
- Sodium 1318.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 37.1 g
- Protein 29.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: