These are heavenly! 'Nuff said. :)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 ounces shelled walnut halves
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups water
- peanut oil, for deep frying (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 lb prawns or 1 lb shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tablespoon sake vinegar or 1 tablespoon plum wine vinegar or 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon sweetened condensed milk
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1In a saucepan, place walnut halves and enough water to cover plus another inch; boil for 10 minutes then remove and drain walnuts (discard water).
- 2Place in the saucepan the walnuts, 2 cups water, and 1/2 cup sugar and boil for an additional 10 minutes.
- 3Remove walnuts from the water, drain well, pat dry with paper towels, then stir with honey in a bowl until they're coated well.
- 4Deep fry the walnuts in peanut oil at approximately 325 F for 5 to 8 minutes, until golden; set aside, placed on plate or cookie sheet to drain (don't use paper towels because they'll stick).
- 5Shell and de-vein the prawns or shrimp (leaving the tails intact), then dry well with a paper towel.
- 6Coat the prawns with the egg white, roll in Panko, and deep fry three or four at a time (to keep from sticking together) in peanut oil for 2 minutes.
- 7In a bowl, mix the garlic, vinegar, mayonnaise, sweetened condensed milk and sugar, then toss together with the prawns in a hot wok or frying pan and sauté for about 1 to 2 minutes, stirring, until they're well-coated.
- 8Serve immediately with walnuts over cooked rice.
- 9Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Honey Walnut Prawns
Serving Size: 1 (240 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 550.9
- Calories from Fat 209
- Total Fat 23.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.6 g
- Cholesterol 146.4 mg
- Sodium 845.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 65.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 50.3 g
- Protein 24.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: