Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you are hosting a crowd to watch a ball game, you'll want to double or triple this recipe.
Make and share this Hooters Buffalo Shrimp recipe from Food.com.
- ---To Make The Sauce---.
- Combine in a small saucepan over medium heat until butter is mixed through.
- Cover and keep warm over low heat.
- ---To Make The Shrimp---.
- Combine the egg and milk in a small bowl.
- Place flour in a large gallon-size zip-lock bag.
- Coat six of the shrimp with egg mixture, then toss them in the bag of flour and shake well to coat.
- Leave them in there, and repeat the process, six shrimp at a time.
- Make sure they are all well coated with flour.
- Refrigerate for about 5 minutes while your deep fryer heats up to 375°F.
- Deep-fry at 375°F for about 8-10 minutes until shrimp tails are dark brown.
- Remove, drain, and toss gently with your prepared Buffalo sauce; you can do this by shaking gently in a large Tupperware container with a lid.
We can't buy louisiana sauce or Frank's sauce here, so I used a makeshift sauce to which I added a little Tabasco and ground red pepper. We had it with a light cucumber and lemon dressing for dipping. We all enjoyed it, but the kids thought it was a bit too hot - probably my own fault - I'll tone down the red pepper a bit next time.
I make this with boneless chicken. It's one of my husband's favorites and easy to vary the taste from time to time with different hot sauces.
AMAZING!!!!!!! made the recipe exactly just mixed franks and louisiana (50/50) Taste Just like Hooters!