Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Perfect Super Bowl Recipe. This is a wonderful recipe for very spicy chicken. Not for the faint at heart.
- 2 -3 lbs chicken wings (I prefer legs)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle louisiana hot sauce (only hot sauce I found with the right taste)
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 -2 cup flour
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Need: Large bowl with lid.
- Wash chicken and shake off excess water.
- Coat chicken lightly with flour. (I use a Ziploc bag. It is easier.).
- Add Cayenne and Parika to chicken in bag.
- Let set in fridge for an hour (makes the batter stay on better).
- Preheat oil to 450.
- Fry chicken until juice runs clear.
- Heat butter and hot sauce in small saucepan.
- When chicken is done, place in large plastic bowl.
- Add hot sauce mixture. Place lid on bowl.
- Shake until chicken is well coated.
- Serve immediately with Ranch or Bleu Cheese Dressing and celery.
- Amount of servings depends on type of chicken used. Legs have more meat, so they serve more people.
This recipe ROCKS! However, you should note that step 2 should actually be step 7, otherwise the oil would be heating for over an hour (disaster!). I tried to correct this, but heating the oil is still listed as step 2.