This is a clone from the Hot Dog on a Stick store that is famous for their corn dogs & lemonade. Remember eating these all the time when we got to travel out to the mall.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oil in a deep pan or fryer to 375 degrees.
- 2Combine the flour, cornmeal, sugar, salt, and baking soda in a large bowl.
- 3Add the milk and egg yolks to the dry ingredients and mix with an electric mixer on high speed until batter is smooth.
- 4Dry off the hot dogs with a paper towel.
- 5Jab the thin end of a single chopstick about halfway into the end of each hot dog.
- 6When the oil is hot, tip the bowl of batter so that you can completely coat each hot dog. Roll the hot dog in the batter until it is entirely covered.
- 7Hold the hot dog up by the stick and let some of the batter drip off. Quickly submerge the hot dog in the oil and spin it slowly so that the coating cooks evenly. After about 20 seconds you can use a lid to the deep fryer or pan to put weight on the stick, keeping the hot dog fully immersed in the oil. You can cook a couple dogs at a time this way.
- 8Cook for 5 to 6 minutes or until coating is dark brown. Turn them once or twice as they cook.
- 9Drain on paper towels while cooling, and repeat with remaining hot dogs.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hot Dog on a Stick® Clone
Serving Size: 1 (266 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2161.7
- Calories from Fat 1978
- Total Fat 219.8 g
- Saturated Fat 28.7 g
- Cholesterol 48.2 mg
- Sodium 700.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 15.4 g
- Protein 6.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
turkey hot dogs