Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
You'll never find these wee buggers in the munchies aisle of your favourite supermarket!
Make and share this Hot Fried Non-Nudist Peanuts recipe from Food.com.
- Take off the peanuts clothes do this after the kids have gone to bed so that they are not aware of any indecent behaviour in your house.
- Throw their clothes in the trash they wont ever be needing them again.
- Deep-fry the now-naked nuts, for only a minute or two, in a wire basket in oil thats as hot as a Chinese fire-cracker on the 4th of July.
- Drain the now-not-so-naked but badly-sunburned nuts for just a few seconds in the wire basket dont be a woos and use anything absorbent for this purpose.
- While they are still very warm and oily, sprinkle them with sea salt and cayenne pepper, and shake them up so that they all get coated.
- Store them in sterile or very clean glass jars with tight-fitting lids.
- Optional pop a stick of cinnamon or a few whole cloves in each jar.
- Optional fool your family and/or guests by putting them in an empty Planters (or other brand) peanuts jar that is labelled Honey-roasted and then watch their faces as they munch on something that tastes nothing like what they expected!
- Serve with cocktails or ice-cold beer.
These are awesome. My husband is a Marine, so often I send a "goody" to work with him for everyone to enjoy. These were certainly a hit today. In addition to the cayenne, I added some garlic powder and some "essence". Had to cut my teenage son and his buddies off last night so there would be some left for my husband to take to work. Thanks for sharing this.
I haven't tried cooking this yet, but I have to say that this was the most entertaining recipe read that I've seen on here so far! :-) LOL!
I just made these, and they really are tasty! I made one batch with cayenne pepper and one with just seasoned salt. The spicy ones have just a nice kick to them! I really enjoyed reading the directions! Funniest recipe I have ever read! I am going to serve these at a jewellery party I am having this Saturday. I will let you know how they go over! I know I like them! Thanks so much for sharing!