Leslie O's Note:
My grandmother Idella, was known for her good cooking, and these wings were a family favorite. They are pretty spicy and require a fire extinguisher;0)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place wings in large bowl, cover with salt water and let sit several hours or over nite in fridge.
- 2Drain salt water and place wings in same bowl.
- 3In a bowl or large size baggie, place flour, salt, pepper, basil, parsley,and parmesan cheese.
- 4Mix thouroughly, and coat wings, set aside.
- 5In large bowl, add hot sauce, italian seasoning, basil, melted butter, and lemon juice.
- 6Add oil to skillet, on low to med low heat, add wings and cook to a golden brown.
- 7drain on paper towels.
- 8Lay wings in hot sauce mixture, and place on cookie sheet, cook for about 20 minutes in a 350*F oven.
- 9You can also deep fry.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Idella's Hot Wings
Serving Size: 1 (49 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 397.0
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.3 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 50.8 mg
- Sodium 978.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 16.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salt and pepper
Italian salad dressing mix