Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 min
These are great appetizers! They look so pretty. and are very easy to prepare. I use my Fry Daddy for these.
- 4 (8 ounce) packagessoftened cream cheese
- 1 cup finely chopped imitation crabmeat
- 3 chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 3 cloves crushed garlic
- 2 (12 ounce) packages wonton wrappers
- hot oil (enough to deep fry with)
- Mix first 5 ingredients well.
- Spoon 1-Tbl.
- of mixture onto wrapper.
- Bring all corners up (at top of mixture) forming a purse, and pinch to secure.
- Deep fry in hot oil 1-minute or until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Makes 50-60.
- Recipe can be halved.
- Dig in and enjoy!
This is so simple it is a cinch to make in a hurry, but putting a dab of water on the edges of the wrappers make the wonton wrappers seal better!
This has been put into my recipe bookâ€¦WOW!!! Are these good.. I made them exactly to the recipe the first time and the second time I put in a table spoon of soy sauce and wouldnâ€™t do it again it made the cream cheese too soft. The third time I thought that one of the reviews was correct in saying there was not enough crab, not having more crab I kept the ingredients the same and only used two 8oz cream cheeses. That made it just the way we liked! The entire family was gaga over them and I plan to make them Christmas Eve againâ€¦ a double batch so I can eat some too. these are the best been making them for two years now final i am adding a picture.
These were great and the kids loved, loved, loved them. I looked like a rock star!! Thanks!