1/1 Photo of Imperial Egg Rolls
This recipe was taken from a Williams-sonoma catalog. Stuffed with shrimp and pork, they are basically the only egg rolls I will eat. They are great dipped in plum sauce, or with just plain soy sauce
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1/2 lb shrimp, cleaned, deveined and minced
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped into rings
- 2 ounces cellophane noodles (aka Glass noodles)
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1 (6 ounce) can water chestnuts, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 20 -25 egg roll wraps
- 1Break up cellophane noodles in to approximately 1-2 inch lengths, and prepare according to package instructions.
- 2Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- 3Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each egg roll wrapper and roll and seal according to package instructions.
- 4Deep-Fry in small batches of 3-4 eggrolls at 350 degrees until golden brown and delicious, about 4 minutes.
- 5Drain on paper towels & serve.
- 6(if you need to reheat them, be sure to do it in the oven or toaster oven because they get rubbery in the microwave.).
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Imperial Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1661 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 193.6
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 46.3 mg
- Sodium 298.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 11.5 g