Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this on another website, though I can't for the life of me remember which one. I think it sounds like a great alternative to the usual "Scotch Eggs" though. Give it a try!
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 1 lb potato, cooked and mashed
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 10 saltine crackers, finely crumbled
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- Combine the mashed potatoes, beaten eggs, garlic, salt, mustard, rosemary and cracker crumbs mixing throroughly.
- Divide the potato mixture into 6 portions.
- Press eggs into each portion making sure the egg is covered completely.
- Deep fry in oil at 350 degrees until golden brown.
Interesting concept. They fried up beautifully but were rather large. The kids picked the potato layer off and ate that. It's a fun way to use leftover Easter eggs, but I probably won't make them again.