Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Everyone loves egg rolls! These are stuffed with sausage and spinach for an unexpected treat. Yummy!
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1 lb Italian sausage, hot
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 14 ounces package egg roll wraps
- oil, plain regular olive oil is good make sure it's not evoo because it would make everything bitter (for frying)
- pizza sauce, warmed
- In a skillet over medium heat, saute onion and green pepper in oil. Remove to a medium bowl and set aside.
- Brown sausage in skillet; drain and combine with onion mixture.
- Add spinach, cheeses, and garlic powder; mix well.
- Top each egg roll wrapper with 3 T. of mixture; roll up, following directions on egg roll package.
- Heat 3 to 4 inches oil in a deep fryer. Add egg rolls a few at a time, frying until golden. Drain on paper towels. Serve warm with pizza sauce for dipping.