A switch to your Jalapeno Poppers! Shrimp (diced)can be used instead of the crab.Great for Parties.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Carefully make a lengthwise slit up the side of each chile and remove the seed sack.
- 2Cover the jalapenos with milk and soak overnight in the refrigerator.
- 3Mix cheese and crab.
- 4Drain, rinse and fill each chile with cheese mixture.
- 5Coat each one lightly with flour (this helps the coating adhere).
- 6Mix together the egg, water and oil and dip each chile in the mixture, then in the crumbs.
- 7Make sure all the surface is coated with crumbs; gently pat any loose crumbs into place.
- 8Place the chiles on a rack, to dry at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before frying.
- 9This is important, because otherwise the coating will come off while frying.
- 10Deep fry the chiles in hot oil until golden brown, drain on paper towels season with salt and serve hot with salsa or your favorite sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jalapeno Poppers Stuffed with Cheese and Crab
Serving Size: 1 (144 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 201.7
- Calories from Fat 106
- Total Fat 11.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 71.3 mg
- Sodium 385.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.4 g
- Protein 12.9 g