Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A switch to your Jalapeno Poppers! Shrimp (diced)can be used instead of the crab.Great for Parties.
Make and share this Jalapeno Poppers Stuffed with Cheese and Crab recipe from Food.com.
- Carefully make a lengthwise slit up the side of each chile and remove the seed sack.
- Cover the jalapenos with milk and soak overnight in the refrigerator.
- Mix cheese and crab.
- Drain, rinse and fill each chile with cheese mixture.
- Coat each one lightly with flour (this helps the coating adhere).
- Mix together the egg, water and oil and dip each chile in the mixture, then in the crumbs.
- Make sure all the surface is coated with crumbs; gently pat any loose crumbs into place.
- Place the chiles on a rack, to dry at room temperature for 15-20 minutes before frying.
- This is important, because otherwise the coating will come off while frying.
- Deep fry the chiles in hot oil until golden brown, drain on paper towels season with salt and serve hot with salsa or your favorite sauce.