1/2 Photos of Japanese Crispy Chicken
tomoko matsunaga's Note:
I made this last summer holidays when I went back to Japan.It's really crispy and really nice, and you can serve it with fried sweet potato (satsuma imo), which we cook like french fries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons sake
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2Mix all the ingredients together.
- 4Trim off all the yellow fat from the chicken.
- 5Prick it all over with a fork.
- 6Rub the salt and pepper into the chicken.
- 7Marinate the chicken for about 30 minutes.
- 8Heat the oil for deep frying in a wok or deep pan.
- 9Dry the chicken with the kitchen paper.
- 10Coat the chicken with the corn starch.
- 11Shake off any extra corn starch.
- 12Deep fry until nice and golden colour and cooked through.
- 13We can tell by how it feels, but you might check it with a skewer and see that no red juices are running.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Japanese Crispy Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (157 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 696.2
- Calories from Fat 319
- Total Fat 35.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 157.9 mg
- Sodium 1660.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 16.6 g
- Protein 35.7 g