1/2 Photos of Karage Tofu
This is the best yummiest tofu you will ever eat. I kid you not. It was adapted vegetarian style from a traditional Japanese recipe here on RecipeZaar, Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 -3 cups firm tofu, cubed
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons gingerroot, peeled and grated
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled and grated
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 2 tablespoons cornflour (can use one or the other) or 2 tablespoons plain flour (can use one or the other)
- vegetable oil, for deep frying
- 2 slices lemons, to garnish
- 1In a medium sized bowl, mix together the soy sauce, garlic, ginger, miran. Place the tofu in the mixture and let sit for 30 minutes.
- 2Mix the corn flour with the plain flour.
- 3Take each piece of tofu from the marinade and roll in the flour mixture until it is coated completely.
- 4Heat the oil to 180 degrees C (350 degrees F) and deep-fry the tofu pieces for 4-5 minutes or until golden brown.
- 5Dry on a towel and serve, it is amazingly good, enjoy on it's own or with some sesame sauce or ginger sauce for dipping.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Karage Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (46 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 49.6
- Calories from Fat 17
- Total Fat 1.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 523.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 4.7 g