1/6 Photos of Karen's Fried Chicken
This is the best fried chicken! I make this all the time now. My neighbor came for dinner and now asks that I fry his chicken up for him when he's got the cravin. This is one of my more well known things I cook. I hope you enjoy. Prep time does not include the time for seasoning.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Season the chicken with a small amount of garlic powder.
- 2Generously season with lawrys seasoning salt.
- 3Season with pepper to taste.
- 4Let sit in the fridge while seasoning for about 4 hours.
- 5Beat eggs with water.
- 6Put flour in large plate.
- 7Dip the chicken in the egg mixture making sure to get it nice and wet.
- 8Dip into flour and coat really well to cover all of the chicken.
- 9Fry chicken in hot oil until golden brown and crispy and until juices are running clear.
- 10Serve Hot.
- 11Reheat leftovers at 350 for about 10 minutes.
- 12This chicken is great cold too for picnics!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Karen's Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (192 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 683.7
- Calories from Fat 228
- Total Fat 25.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 262.1 mg
- Sodium 1340.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 69.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 39.6 g