Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 mins
Quick and easy to make. Very Flavorful. Great appetizer.
Make and share this Ken's Crab Wonton/Rangoon recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup lump crabmeat or 1 cup backfin crab meat
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon sweet n' hot mustard or 1 tablespoon stone ground mustard
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- wonton wrapper
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Mixture will look almost paste-like. Set aside.
- Whisk the egg and the milk together to form an egg-wash. Take a Wonton wrapper and brush the edges with the egg-wash.
- Take 1/2 spoon of the crab mixture and place it in the center of the wrapper. Fold wrapper according to instructions. Set aside and fill and fold the other wrappers.
- Deep fry six or seven Crab Wontons at a time for about 1-1/2 minutes. Do not overcrowd.
- NOTE: Do not overcook. (TRICK: As the Wontons start to turn brown take them out of oil. The Wontons will finish cooking on its own. Wonton bottoms should be soft. If overcooked the Wontons will become too hard to be enjoyed.