This chicken is fried in a pressure fryer.
Make and share this Kentucky Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- In a small bowl combine the egg and milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining four dry ingredients.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the milk mixture until fully moistened. Roll the moistened chicken into the flour mixture until completely coated.
- Pour the oil into the pressure fryer and heat over medium heat to about 400.
- In groups of 4 or 5, drop the chicken pieces into the oil and lock the lid into place. When the steam begins shooting through the pressure release, set the timer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, release the pressure according to manufacturer's instruct ions, and remove the chicken to paper towels or a metal rack to drain.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- TIDBIT: If you prefer not to use MSG, you may substitute an additional 1/2 TBS. of salt. Be aware however that using MSG produces the best clone of KFC's fried chicken.