1/2 Photos of Kentucky Fried Chicken
1 hr 10 mins
This chicken is fried in a pressure fryer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a small bowl combine the egg and milk.
- 2In a separate bowl, combine the remaining four dry ingredients.
- 3Dip each piece of chicken into the milk mixture until fully moistened. Roll the moistened chicken into the flour mixture until completely coated.
- 4Pour the oil into the pressure fryer and heat over medium heat to about 400.
- 5In groups of 4 or 5, drop the chicken pieces into the oil and lock the lid into place. When the steam begins shooting through the pressure release, set the timer for 10 minutes.
- 6After 10 minutes, release the pressure according to manufacturer's instruct ions, and remove the chicken to paper towels or a metal rack to drain.
- 7Repeat with remaining chicken.
- 8TIDBIT: If you prefer not to use MSG, you may substitute an additional 1/2 TBS. of salt. Be aware however that using MSG produces the best clone of KFC's fried chicken.
Browse Our Top Whole Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Whole Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kentucky Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (3045 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1237.1
- Calories from Fat 1103
- Total Fat 122.6 g
- Saturated Fat 18.5 g
- Cholesterol 78.6 mg
- Sodium 855.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 18.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: