This chicken is fried in a pressure fryer.
Make and share this Kentucky Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- In a small bowl combine the egg and milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining four dry ingredients.
- Dip each piece of chicken into the milk mixture until fully moistened. Roll the moistened chicken into the flour mixture until completely coated.
- Pour the oil into the pressure fryer and heat over medium heat to about 400.
- In groups of 4 or 5, drop the chicken pieces into the oil and lock the lid into place. When the steam begins shooting through the pressure release, set the timer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, release the pressure according to manufacturer's instruct ions, and remove the chicken to paper towels or a metal rack to drain.
- Repeat with remaining chicken.
- TIDBIT: If you prefer not to use MSG, you may substitute an additional 1/2 TBS. of salt. Be aware however that using MSG produces the best clone of KFC's fried chicken.
This recipe should be noted that a PRESSURE FRYER COOKER must be used and not your standard pressure cooker......
This recipe is just right. Some food when salty doesn't taste all that great but this fried chicken taste good salty but not too salty just right. I love it. The texture is good. Nice and Crispy!!! Yummy Thanks. This is the best fried chicken I've ever cooked. So simple and easy. I didn't even use a pressure cook. I used a regular pot fill it halfway with oil.
I have to agree with andypandy. Cooking this in a regular pressure cooker is a disaster waiting to happen. Unless you have a special fryer pressure cooker, do not do this in a regular pc. Your manual should also issue this caution. If it doesn't call the mgf. For more information