I haven't tried this yet but it seemed worth a go.
Make and share this Kentucky Fried Chicken (Copycat) recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine pancake mix with one package of dressing mix in a large bowl.
- Combine remaining package dressing mix with eggs and club soda or beer.
- Dip each piece of chicken in egg and soda mixture, then in pancake mixture.
- Let dry on rack or paper towelling (pieces should not touch) about 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in deep fryer to 425 degrees.
- Fry coated chicken pieces in hot oil for 6 minutes.
- Remove and place on baking sheet (not touching).
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until done.